With Summer in full swing and the weather hot, hot, hot....we thought we'd give you some ideas of places to visit in the surrounding areas.
1. PENNSYLVANIA RENAISSANCE FAIRE – A truly unique way to experience medieval times! If you stay till the very end…the jousting competition is amazing! And of course for the adults…the Mount Hope Estate & Winery is right next door.
2. VILLAGE GREENS MINATURE GOLF COURSE – Quietly secured on 20 plus acres of natural woodland with beautiful foliage and waterways and offering 2 courses to choose from plus a snack bar for refreshments when you’re finished.
3. SICKMAN’S MILL CREEK TUBING - I can say from personal experience this is a really fun thing to do on a warm summer day and the staff was so friendly and helpful. A group of us did the extended kayak trip, which was challenging, yet relaxing. You can even stop along the way for a picnic or wait till you get back and grab some goodies from the snack bar.
4. HAYLOFT CANDLES & PETTING ZOO – Spend a few hours browsing their 4,000 square foot shop where you will find almost any type of candle along with accessories and décor. Taste some homemade ice cream and visit the petting zoo with a variety of exotic and farm animals including a kangaroo! Bring a picnic to enjoy by the lake and fountains.
5. SKYZONE INDOOR TRAMPOLINE PARK – The name pretty much says it all! A great place to go on a rainy day and enjoy the weightlessness of bouncing, flipping and landing in a pit filled with foam cubes.