- The first Thanksgiving celebration lasted three days.
- The average turkey weighs 15 pounds.
- The Wampanoag Indians were the people who taught the Pilgrims how to cultivate the land.
- The Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock on December 11th, 1620.
- There are 3 towns in the United States named after the Thanksgiving holiday’s main course: Turkey, Texas, Turkey Creek, Louisiana and Turkey, North Carolina.
- The five most popular ways to serve leftover turkey is as a sandwich, in stew, chili or soup, casseroles and as a burger.
- Abraham Lincoln was the American President that established the original date to celebrate Thanksgiving Day.
- Pumpkin pie, milk, bread, butter and cheese were all food items that were missing from the original Thanksgiving feast.
Wolf & Kline Property Management, Inc.
1018 Main Street, Akron PA 17501
Ph. 717.859.2010 Fax: 717.859.4192