Please try these solutions prior to placing a repair request to avoid being charged for the service call.
* Make sure you know where the panel box and shut off valves are*
IF THERE IS A WATER LEAK, SHUT OFF THE WATER VALVES IMMEDIATELY!
Air Conditioning issue
- Make sure filter is clean or has been changed recently.
Appliance not working:
- Make sure appliance is plugged in.
- Check breaker box- reset breaker by turning it off and back on.
- For Fridge- Check temperature settings.
- For Dryer- Make sure lint catcher is clean.
- First try plunging the toilet/sink/tub.
- For slow or clogged drains, use a drain cleaner such as Liquid Plumber or Drain-o.
- Check the breaker box to make sure all of the breakers are on.
- Flip the appropriate breaker off and then back on to reset it.
- Check light switches- some electrical outlets are connected to light switches.
- Check and change light bulbs if there is an issue with a light fixture.
- Check the breaker.
- Try pressing the reset button on the garbage disposal under the sink.
Heat Pump not cooling/heating properly
- Make sure the filter is clean.
- In extreme heat and cold, heat pumps may not keep up to temperature. This is normal heat pump functionality.
Issues with pests? (ants, mice etc)
- Tenant is responsible for pest control in their individual unit.
- Spray for the pest or call an exterminator.
- Contact us if you believe you have an issue with bed bugs.
- Contact your Electric supplier to check for any reported power outages.
Smoke detectors beeping
- Put new batteries in the detectors. If the issue continues, contact the office immediately.
White spots on dishes out of dishwasher
- This most likely is due to hard water. The best solution for this is to use a detergent with citrus or use citric acid in addition to your detergent.
- If the property has a water softener, make sure it is filled with salt.
Windows letting air in
- Make sure window is closed correctly and locked.
According to the lease agreement-
- Tenant is responsible to pay the cost to repair any damage they or their guests cause.
- If the tenant makes a maintenance call and no repair is needed upon arrival of service technician, the tenant is responsible to pay for the invoice.
- The toilet or drain is clogged
- Breaker is tripped (and there is no other issue)
- Light fixture issue is due to a bad bulb
- Batteries needed replaced in a beeping smoke detector
- Controls needed to be adjusted in a refrigerator
- Electrical outlets that are controlled by a light switch are non-functioning due to the light switch being switched off
- Heat pump is constantly running and it is merely due to extreme weather temperatures (extreme winter/ summer)