We have put together a few tips to help you and your family stay cool and comfortable this summer!
- Energy Efficiency - Be sure to keep minimal electronics running all at once. Remember to turn off lights when not using or away from home. Keep computers and other devices off when not in use.
- Windows - Lots of our communities and apartment homes have ample windows to allow as much sunlight as possible especially during those cold dreary winter months. In the summer season when the temps are soaring outside you can help save energy inside by closing window blinds/curtains during the daytime to keep the hot sun from heating up your space. On a cool breezy day, open those windows and allow fresh air to flow through and refresh your home!
- Be Mindful of your Own Health – Now more than ever we are focusing more on our own health and becoming more mindful of those around us. Eating a balanced healthy diet and staying well hydrated throughout the day will help your body temperature regulate allowing you to feel more comfortable in your living space. Instead of taking a hot shower opt for a lukewarm alternative and enjoy a cool beverage like a yummy iced coffee or herbal iced tea for your morning pick-me-up.
- Help Your HVAC Unit Work Efficiently – We are here to serve you with any of your maintenance needs as always! Keep in mind in between servicing your HVAC unit, residents can vacuum air vents in every room while performing your weekly apartment home cleaning. These vents can collect dust and debris over time and air flow can be obstructed.
- Bring Some Green into Your Home – Did you know that plants have the potential of cooling down your home, making the air easier to breathe and help you feel more comfortable? Live greenery produces evaporated water through its leaves when it is warm inside your residence providing you with a cooling effect. By adding plants to your residence such as aloe vera plants, ferns, areca palms, snake plants, and golden pothos not only adds decorative value but also keeps the air you breathe clean.
- Treat Yourself to Dinner Out – Every now and then take advantage of all the local outdoor dining options available right now to avoid heating up your residence. If staying in opt for cooler meals including fresh summer salads and cold sandwiches for a quick and easy no heat option.
We hope you have a delightful summer season!